On Nov. 6's Town of Coventry Election Ballot, residents will have the opportunity to vote on six bond items that will affect the school department, five of which (#9-13) have been reviewed and approved by the RI Department of Education. RIDE will reimburse the Town of Coventry 48.3% on each of these five bond items if approved. (This is a one-time offer that will not be presented again in the future if the items are not approved.)
If approved, Bond Item #13 ($550,000) would provide improvements to school grounds and flooring such as repaving parking areas, sidewalk, stair, floor tiles and fence replacement, and playground improvements.
Here is an itemized list of specific improvements and the schools involved:
- Blackrock: Parking Area Repair ($135,000) and Parking Drainage ($20,000)
- Hopkins Hill: Parking Area Repair ($155,000) and Bus Loop ($15,000)
- Tiogue: Playground Area Improvements ($30,000) and Playground Fence ($15,000)
- Western Coventry: Replace 1949 Entry Walks and Stairs ($20,000)
- Coventry High School: Floor Tile Replacement in worn areas ($140,400)
Click here to visit the school district's bond information website or see the attached PDF to view the PowerPoint presentation shown to parents and residents at a recent informational meeting.
Here is a brief introduction to all of the requested school bond items.