Here are five tiny Rhode Island homes for sale—and they're not necessarily cheaper due to the lack of square footage:
- 37 Cedar Rd., Charlestown (520 sq. feet). For sale: $249,900. From Zillow: "Fully-furnished, all-season ranch in excellent condition. Association rights to salt pond, and near Town ocean beach. Perfect for year-round or summer living. Very rentable. Lovely yard and plantings, and a very nice storage shed."
- 11 Harrison St., Bristol (520 sq. feet). For sale: $369,000. From Zillow: "Waterfront seasonal property with 2 beds, 1 bath on the Kickemuit River. Access to water, property has its own boat ramp, enjoy swimming, boating, fishing, relax in the screened patio on those hot summer nights."
- 8 Oxford Ave., Warwick (518 sq. feet). For sale: $72,900. From Zillow: "Charming cottage in walking distance to water. Move in ready, great starter home!"
- 12 Lake Rd., Narragansett (503 sq. feet). For sale: $245,000. From Zillow: "About 125 feet from the Atlantic Ocean. Needs total rehab. Build/ renovate your perfect seaside cottage. Town water and sewer."
- 10 Lane One, Narragansett (500 sq. feet). For sale: $275,000. From Zillow: "Great vacation getaway! Cute and cozy two-bedroom cottage close to a private beach. Front and rear decks. Sleeps 10. Parking for five to six cars."