Note: Contracts are awarded to multiple companies to ensure
that specific services and materials are available immediately in a time of
need. In many cases, multiple contractors are used in the event that one or
more are unavailable or do not have the necessary materials when contacted by
the Town for service.
- Approval of two 3-year contracts to S. B. Carbone Plumbing and Heating Co. of Cranston and Dave Parillo Plumbing LLC of Scituate for providing regular and emergency repair work to the Town of Coventry for the following costs:
- S.B. Carbone: $70 per hour per man, $75 per hour per man
and $80 per hour per man for the years 2013/2014, 2014/2015 and 2015/2016,
- Dave Parrillo: $75 per hour per man for all three years.
- Awarding of a 3-year contract to Lincoln Energy Mechanical Services of West Warwick for heating, ventilating and air conditioning services at a cost of $97 per hour for all three years.
- Approval of three 3-year contracts to Lev Electric of West Greenwich, Miller Electric of West Warwick and Airhart Electric of Coventry for providing regular and emergency repair work to the Town of Coventry at the following costs:
- Miller Electric: $65 per hour per Journeyman or $55 per hour per apprentice for all three years.
- Airhart Electric: $65 per hour for 2013/2014, $65.50 per hour for 2014/2015 and $66 per hour for 2015/2016.
The following contract awards are funded by the Department of Public Works' Roads & Bridges Division and Snow Removal accounts.
- Awarding of a 3-year contract to Markings Inc. of Pembroke, MA for providing pavement and crosswalk markings to the Department of Public Works for the following costs:
Note: l.f. = linear feet. Contract years: 2013/2014, 2014/2015 and 2015/2016
- Reflectorized paint striping: .0365/l.f., .0391/l.f. and 0.418/l.f.
- Reflectorized crosswalk painting: .375/l.f., .401/l.f.and .429/l.f.
- Thermoplastic paint striping (more durable, used on heavily traveled roads): .385/l.f., .412/l.f. and .44/l.f.
- Thermoplastic crosswalk painting: $1.44/l.f., $1.50/l.f. and $1.60/l.f.
Chuck Smith of the DPW explained that a
three-year contract was utilized this year, as the services need to be
contracted annually. "We put a lot of time, effort and money into
advertising for bids each year and it feels like the year rolls around very
fast and we're doing it all again before you know it," he said.
- A 3-year contract to Coventry Pest Control for all Town buildings and on Town property at a cost of $29.75 per hour for 2013/2014 and $30 per hour for 2014/2015 and 2015/2016.
- Awarding of three 3-year contracts to Rambone Disposal of Johnston, RT Nunes of West Warwick, Walter E. Reynolds of Coventry, Langford Brothers of West Greenwich and N. Chapdelaine Excavating of Coventry for emergency rental of an excavator, wheel loader, dump truck and trailer dump. Contract costs for these awards can be found in attached document #1.
"These pieces of equipment would predominately be used in winter months or during emergencies such as a hurricane," said Town Manager Tom Hoover. "With the size of the Town and our Department of Public Works, it isn't economically efficient to keep this kind of heavy equipment around all the time."
- Approval of four 3-year contracts for providing hot patch and cold patch asphalt materials to Johnston Asphalt, Cardi Corporation of Warwick, Pasteryak Asphalt of Coventry and T. Miozzi Asphalt of Coventry at costs as shown on attached document #2.
"The review of these bids was based solely on the Department of Public Works standpoint," said Hoover. "Simply obtaining and laying asphalt in the most efficient manner is what we were looking for."
- Awarding of two 3-year contracts for providing stone, gravel and screened loam to G. Lopes of Taunton, MA and Walter E. Reynolds of Coventry at costs as shown on attached document #3.
- Approval of two award of two 3-year contracts for providing
winter sand to Koszela Inc. of Coventry and Walter E. Reynolds of Coventry, at
the following costs:
- Koszela: $12.65 delivered, $13.15 delivered and $13/65 delivered for the 2013/2014, 2014/2015 and 2015/2016 years, respectively.
- Reynolds: $13 delivered/$12.50 picked up, $13.25 delivered/$12.75 picked up and $13.25 delivered/$12.75 picked up for the 2013/2014, 2014/2015 and 2015/2016 years, respectively.
- Awarding of of two 3-year contracts for providing HD polyester pipe and tubing (PVC) to EJ Prescott Inc. of Lincoln and Warwick Winwater Company at costs as shown on attached document #4.
- Awarding of a 3-year contract for catch basin cleaning to Truax Corporation of Plainville, MA at a cost of $11.90 per basin or $129 per hour.