Hope Valley Barracks
- At 1:50 a.m. on Aug. 16, troopers arrested Michael Graemiger, 23, of 71 Hill Farm Camp Road, Coventry, for driving under the influence and refusal to submit to a chemical test. The arrest was the result of a motor vehicle stop on Nooseneck Hill Road. Graemiger was transported to the Hope Valley Barracks, processed, and held overnight pending morning arraignment.
- On Aug. 20 at 12:11 a.m., troopers arrested Matthew Colwell, 18, of 83 Vaughn Hollow Road, Coventry, for possession heroin, after pulling him over on Providence Street in West Warwick. Colwell was brought to the Hope Valley Barracks, processed and held overnight pending morning arraignment.
- At 10:43 p.m. on Aug. 24, troopers arrested Jason Quinlan, 38, of 25 Osceola Ave., Coventry possession of Oxycontin, driving while in possession of a controlled substance, and carrying a firearm without a permit after he was pulled over on Centre of New England Boulevard. Quinlan was transported to the Hope Valley Barracks where he was processed and kept overnight pending morning arraignment.
- At 12:09 a.m. on Aug. 3, troopers arrested Richard Petersen, 48, of 14 Greenwood St., Coventry, for disorderly conduct after a reported fight outside the LA Café Lounge on Washington Street in West Warwick. Petersen was transported to Kent Hospital for treatment of minor injuries and later transported to the Wickford Barracks where he was processed and held overnight pending a morning arraignment.
- On Aug. 25, 2013, At 3 a.m., troopers arrested Jody Barcomb, 41 of 10 Doris Ave., Coventry for a Third District Court bench warrant for failure to appear for sentencing on the original charge of driving on a suspended license out of the West Warwick Police Department. The arrest was the result of troopers investigating a suspicious person on New London Turnpike. Barcomb was transported to the Wickford Barracks where she was processed before being turned over to the Adult Correctional Institutions Womens Intake Center.
- On Aug. 22, 2013, detectives assigned to the ACI charged inmate Gavin W. Finnerty, 45, having a last known address of 175 Log Bridge Road, Coventry, with violation of a no-contact order. He pleaded no contest, was presented as a probation violator and a bail violator, and was sentenced to 30 days to serve on the new charge and 11 months suspended sentence on the violations. The no-contact order was re-issued, restraining Finnerty from having contact with the victim. He was remanded to the Intake Service Center of the ACI, where he continues to be held pending charges of mistreating animals and assault on a person over 60.
The above reports detail arrests made by the Rhode Island State Police. Descriptions of all events are based solely on police officer reports provided to Patch.