.

Homeowners Displaced After Chimney Fire

The blaze began in a basement wood stove on Wednesday morning.

 

At approximately 9:45 a.m. on Wednesday, Central Coventry Fire responded to 1444 Main St., for a reported chimney fire. CCFD was joined shortly after by crews from Coventry (Anthony), Hopkins Hill and Western Coventry fire departments.

Upon arrival, crews began to extinguish the chimney fire that had spread to a small portion of the house. Battalion Chief Scott Murray explained the blaze was contained within an hour, but it did cause the house to be condemned by the building official.

There were no reported injuries to the residents or the 19 firefighters on scene, and the family who lived in the home are staying with relatives.

According to Chief Murray, the fire is believed to have been caused by improper maintenance and clean-out of a basement wood stove - a scenario that he said is all too common in the area this time of year.

Boards

More »
Got a question? Something on your mind? Talk to your community, directly.
Note Article
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors.What's on your mind?What's on your mind?Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell somethingPost something