.

Fire Crews Respond to Colonial Road Blaze

The blaze caused significant damage but there were no injuries.

 

At approximately 1 p.m. on Thursday, crews from , and fire districts responded to a house fire at 5 Colonial Road.

One member of the four-person household was home at the time and called 911 after getting herself safely out of the residence.

The blaze caused significant damage to the kitchen and living areas of the home as well as to the roof and outdoor patio area.

According to Central Coventry Fire Chief Bob Seltzer, there were no injuries and it is said to have been an accidential fire.

"We believe it was ignited by a discarded cigarette," he said.

The two adults and two children of the home will be temporarily staying with family.

Gail Ozel March 12, 2012 at 12:52 PM
Family of four including 2 school age boys needs assistance. They have lost every thing due to fire and water damage. Any type of help would greatly be appreciated and given directly to them for temporary housing, clothing and food. Please contact, Gail Ozel 397-4665 Thank You..
coventry voter-Jay April 13, 2012 at 01:12 PM
Well done to the crews. I have a Question for Gary Cote re; the Kent Hospital worker and Coventry fire fighter Where are we on the Coventry Fire District/Anthony Station investigation of mis-conduct? Gary Cote stated he would fire the employee involved and we have heard NOTHING. The hospital employee involved was fired after their investigation. . So is Cote using the Bill Clinton defense that oral interaction in the back of a department rescue vehicle is OK????? Maybe Cote is protecting one of his Union supporters. Maybe Cote thinks its ok to take part in this type of activity while on the job and using a department rescue as a rolling Notell Motel. We dont Know and thats the point. . Gary is silent on the matter, and silence is acceptance . Come on Gary Cote, you profess to be a family man of morals and good character, so why have you taken NO ACTION. . My guess is Union pressure from his supporters. . Prove me Wrong PLEASE!!!!!!!!
Lauren Costa (Editor) April 13, 2012 at 01:56 PM
As I mentioned in my email, I will look into this again. It has clearly fallen to the wayside since the alleged incident occurred due to other coverage.

Boards

More »
Got a question? Something on your mind? Talk to your community, directly.
Note Article
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors.What's on your mind?What's on your mind?Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell somethingPost something
See more »