With St. Patrick's Day just around the corner, residents Irish for life and Irish for a day have traditional Irish fare on their minds.
Top of the list is corned beef, the salt-cured meat, popular with cabbage or in soup. Here are some local delis, sandwich shops and restaurants offering specials and dinners to diners with St. Patrick's Day cravings:
- Fat Belly's Pub (760 Tiogue Ave.), will open at 10 a.m. on Sunday. St. Patty's Day offerings include $2 Guinness Black Lagers, an Irish menu, multiple beer stations in the new Guinness Party Room and live music by Just For Fun and The Hype.
- St. Francis Church (132 Peckham Ln.), is hosting an all-you-can-eat corned beef supper on Saturday, March 16 at 6 p.m. Dinner will cost $12 per adult and $6 per child, which will include dessert and a beverage. Children 5 and under are guests of the church. Call 397-4337 for reservation information.
- Harris Bar & Grill (666 Main St.), is serving corned beef sandwiches and dinners all day on March 17.
- Bella's Sports Pub (1152 Main St.), will open at 9 a.m. on Sunday, March 17 and will be serving corned beef sandwiches for $4, boiled dinners for $9, Guinness beer brats for $4 and Irish drinks all day Saturday and Sunday.
- Gel's Kitchen (1745 Main St., West Warwick), is serving a St. Patrick's Day meal of corned beef, cabbage and homemade Soda Bread from 10:30 a.m. to 2 p.m. for $10.95 per person.
- Rice City Church (63 Vaughn Hollow Rd., Greene), will hold a corned beef supper sponsored by the Men's Fellowship on March 23 with seatings at 4:30 and 5:30 p.m. Cost is $10 per adult, $5 per child (5-12). Children under 5 are guests of the Church. Call Phyllis at 397-5743 or Sonja at 397-4455 to make reservations.
Bonus Goodies: Borrelli's Pastries & Bakery (765 Tiogue Ave.), is currently stocked with Irish bread with Caraway and raisins, shamrock sugar cookies, St. Patty's Day cupcakes and Bailey's Boston Creme pie.