Published Jan. 21 at 11:27 a.m., Updated at 6:55 p.m.
Reported Closings/Cancellations for Wednesday, Jan. 22:
Coventry Schools: All Coventry schools are closed Wednesday
Pathways Strategic Teaching Center: Closed Wednesday
Reported Closings/Cancellations for Tuesday, Jan. 21:
Coventry Police: Parking ban effective 1 p.m Tuesday through 1 p.m. Wednesday
Coventry Senior Center: - No afternoon/evening activities Tuesday, Closed Wednesday
Coventry Public Library: Closing at 4 p.m. Tuesday
CCFD: The Jan. 21 meeting of the Central Coventry Fire District Board of Directors has been canceled.
Legendary Locals of Coventry at NEFA: Book-signing event is cancelled.
Coventry Public Schools: No after school activities Tuesday.
Father Doyle School: No after school activities or daycare Tuesday.
Greene School: No evening activities or tutoring Tuesday.
*** *** *** ***
See fallen tree limbs? How about downed power lines or treacherous areas of roadway? Use this article on Coventry Patch to help communicate with your community and neighbors.
As we hunker down to ride out the storm, we want to make sure that Coventry stays connected.
For live updates during the storm, be sure to download our App for your smartphone or tablet, 'like' Coventry Patch on Facebook and follow us on Twitter. Sign up for our newsletter as well to receive breaking news updates and alerts right in your inbox!
As you use social media, we’ll make sure the information is added to this central article. If you see damaged wires or a tree down, please alert authorities and then let us know so we can help as well. You can comment below or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Stay tuned for more updates.
Important numbers and websites:
TOWN OF COVENTRY
- To reach the Coventry Police, call the department's main line at (401) 826-1100.
- Call 911 for EMERGENCIES ONLY.
- Contact the Coventry Department of Public Works to report downed trees and electrical lines, flooding and other weather-related hazards at 822-9111 or 822-9110.
- Coventry Animal Control can be reached at 822-9106.
- Report power outages to National Grid at 1-800-465-1212. Text STORM to NGRID (64743) to register for broadcast text alerts or you can sign up for e-mail alerts.
- Kent County Water Authority: 821-9300
Phone, Cable, and Internet Service