As the East Coast prepares for Hurricane Sandy, Coventry residents should keep these numbers, websites and pages on hand during and after the storm.
TOWN OF COVENTRY
Coventry officials will continue to update the Town's official website as the storm continues. Click here to visit the site.
- To reach the Coventry Police, call the department's main line at 826-1100.
- Please call 911 for EMERGENCIES ONLY.
- Contact the Coventry Department of Public Works to report downed trees and electrical lines, flooding and other weather-related hazards at 822-9111 or 822-9110.
- Coventry Animal Control can be reached at 822-9106.
- For evacuation and shelter information, call the Town's 24-hour information line at 822-6215. Coventry High School (40 Reservoir Ave.) has been designated the town's shelter.
- Report power outages to National Grid at 1-800-465-1212. Text STORM to NGRID (64743) to register for broadcast text alerts or you can sign up for e-mail alerts.
- Kent County Water Authority: 821-9300
- Rising water that threatens your safety, call 9-1-1
- If you have damp walls or floors, contact a water removal or restoration company
Phone, Cable, and Internet Service