What's Open, Closed on Veterans Day in Coventry
The Veterans Day holiday is Sunday, Nov. 11 and is observed in Rhode Island on Monday, Nov.12.
This Sunday and Monday marks Veterans Day and the observance of the national holiday established in 1926 to honor men and women who have served in the military. Here's a quick round-up of what's open and closed in Coventry. If you know of more businesses that are open or closed, help out your fellow neighbors by leaving them in the comments.
- Coventry Public Schools
- Coventry Town Hall (state and federal offices also closed)
- Coventry Public Library (Closed Sunday and Monday)
- Coventry Department of Public Works (trash collection will be on a one-day delay schedule beginning Tuesday)
- Coventry Post Office
- Coventry Police and Fire departments will be closed on Monday for clerical and records purposes.
- Area banks will be closed on Veterans Day, except for the Citizens Bank Stop & Shop branch which will be open from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m.
Be sure to call ahead to your favorite local businesses before venturing out, just in case they have changed their hours to observe the holiday.
- Convenience Stores
- Liquor stores
- Retail stores
- RIPTA is operating on its regular Sunday and Monday schedules so transportation will not be affected.