On Nov. 6's Town of Coventry Election Ballot, residents will have the opportunity to vote on six bond items that will affect the school department, five of which (#9-13) have been reviewed and approved by the RI Department of Education. RIDE will reimburse the Town of Coventry 48.3% on each of these five bond items if approved. (This is a one-time offer that will not be presented again in the future if the items are not approved.)
If approved, Bond Item #12 ($1.6 million), would provide for improvements to heating, ventilation and air conditioning systems in Coventry High School, Alan Shawn Feinstein Middle School and Blackrock, Hopkins Hill, Tiogue and Western Coventry elementary schools.
Here is the itemized list of specific improvements and the schools involved:
- Blackrock: Install New Make Up Supply Air Systems With Energy Recovery From Exhaust Air - $207,900
- Hopkins Hill: Install Air Recovery Units To Supply All Classrooms With Outdoor Air and Replace Boiler - $303,200
- Tiogue: Install New Make Up Supply Air Systems With Energy Recovery From Exhaust Air - $207,900
- Western Coventry: Install New Make Up Supply Air Systems With Energy Recovery From Exhaust Air - $127,500
- ASFMS: New Off Peak Modular Boilers with Domestic Hot Water Heating/Storage - $206,000
- CHS: Replace Chiller and Cooling Tower and New Off Peak Modular Boilers with DHW Heating/Storage - $550,000
Click here to visit the school district's bond information website or see the attached PDF to view the PowerPoint presentation shown to parents and residents at a recent informational meeting.