OP-ED: A History Lesson About Progressive Left Wing Democrats
This Letter to the Editor comes from Coventry resident, Robert Di Padua Sr.
Subject: A history lesson about Progressive left wing Democrats that voters should finally be aware of, for their own good. Especially in the state of R.I. where the majority of voters have no clue as to even what they are (Sheldon Whitehouse, David Cicilline, James Langevin, Elizabeth Roberts, M. Teresa Paiva Weed) This handful of Rhode Islanders in my opinion are the epitome of what is not only wrong for our state but what is wrong for the entire United States.
The hard core left wing of the Democratic Party are those who believe in a European style form of government (aka: Socialist/Marxist/Fascist ), but with an American twist that progressive Democrat insiders call ”Shared Dictatorship." This new form of government was thought up and the brainchild of the power hungry left wing progressive Democrats way back in the 1930s.
The handful of Democrats that wanted this new style government set the plan in motion back in the mid thirties, but it did not gain much traction because they had no method to achieve their goal. All the bells and whistles went off when Cloward & Piven came out with the book called the “Nation" in or around 1966. This book gave them the methodology to accomplish what they set off to do thirty five years prior. However, even with this new know how to do it book, they could not achieve the coo without help.
With the combination of the new methodology given to them by the authors of the nation, mixed with their old plan of adding in the twist of “Shared Dictatorship”, the plan would go into effect immediately. The first four parts were done in a nano second. However, to reach the fifth and final part of their plan even, though they knew it would take years to accomplish, was the second to last thing in their conquest of the biggest challenges they had remaining.
They needed cities ,towns, counties and states to become more unionized at all levels especially for and in the municipal governments. Allowing this to happen would grow their organization into a built-in feeding and growing machine that would guarantee their growth and also perpetuate a living, breathing chain of people that would never die off. This would constantly keep supplying the left wing Democrat progressive government new voters.
The last hurtle to reach utopia was the biggest challenge. THEIR GROUP HAD TO WIN THE PRESIDENCY AND TAKE CONTROL OF BOTH HOUSES OF CONGRESS in Washington D.C. So let us quickly go over the past and move into the present.
- First, they needed the strength of numbers (bodies/workers/activists/people) so they went to unions or formed new unions. The union bosses gained by getting a share of that new found power and were more than willing to do the enforcing for them.
- Second, they needed the majority of high school teachers, university and college professors to indoctrinate the younger generations with their liberal left philosophy. That was accomplished by the leftist politicians by giving and granting teachers & professors tenure, henceforth academia received their share. A foot note here; high schools in urban and blighted large metropolis communities were the first ones exposed to this, but later spread into suburbia.
- Third, they needed villains, and that was accomplished by pitting the rich against the poor. They carried the ball further down the field by accusing and proclaiming all of corporate America such as banks, Wall Street, large corporations, oil companies, insurance companies, etc., as greedy blood sucking animals knowing well that type of strategy would make every worker and their family as well as their friends, create a hatred, be envious of, force turmoil, jealousy or animosity towards anyone making more money than the worker.
- Fourth, they needed the media to spread that type hatred and fear mongering to the masses of uniformed, uneducated so called line workers. However that did not work out in the beginning because the average worker was happy with what they were earning. Also, remember back then the news hit the street a day late and a dollar short so to speak because it was so slow coming. Remember back then it was radio, if you had one, daily papers if you could afford the dime and the bi-weekly news reel at the movie house. Then came the TV and the nightly news, but things were still pretty good so the worker was still pretty happy with the job and the money they were earning.
So that slowed the left wing process down to a crawl. The years came and went and the perfect storm had not yet come to carry their philosophies out to its full capability. Their plan was still only a work in progress. Yes, it was moving forward but they needed one more small push to get it over the top. They picked up the wind they needed about ten to fifteen years ago with the new technology of cell phones, cable TV, satellite TV, the likes of global media and the offer from high-tech companies for individuals to join into the high speed connections market for social media. Because of all that new technology, all these products became part of the average American lifestyle. It was at that point they then decided the storm was close to hitting our shores and they could not wait any longer. They had to move fast and they did, and by God they were right.
- Fifth, their day had come. Then about five years ago the perfect storm hit our country head on (the name of that storm was called Obama.) Nobody knew him, he appeared smart, he was highly educated, he was a black man, a minority member of society. (What a giant plus for the leftist liberals because they knew they could accuse any and all that opposed or stood against him for any reason of being racist, prejudice, etc., etc.). It was a total win win for them.
Obama and the progressive Democrats used the Cloward & Piven plan to the fullest degree. They became the masters of divide and conquer then divide more as to conquer even more. Class warfare to them, along with union activism, minorities constantly screaming outrage against anybody and anything, along with the promise that you did not have do much of anything and still would get a check from the government for food, school, medical, blah, blah, blah, etc. This became the mainstream of their campaign. Remember what Obama told Joe the plumber, We have to spread the wealth.” “We will take from those that work and/or are rich and give to those that have not."
The C&P theory of destroy all that is firm and strong or sound about America was the plan. It worked! With this kind of power the masses can only turn to them for help. Thus the progressives will dictate and become the gatekeepers of every American in every aspect of their lives. They have up to yesterday pretty much achieved this.
Because of the debt crisis, the lack of work, the sky rocketing cost of every type goods especially fuels of all sorts, the masses are now starting to feel cheated out of all the freebies they were promised. Their gig has backfired. They have given out more than the rich put in so if the masses want even more entitlements they have to tax the rich even more or start taxing others. It is for sure they won’t stop giving to the takers because if they do they lose the votes of all the new found entitlement society which is now over the fifty percent mark of taxpayers. That will force their rein to come to an end. Now what, the money is not there to give out. Why you ask? Because technically the takers have eaten up the flesh and blood of their host so now no one can survive.
Yet the masses keep pushing the envelope hoping for more of a free ride. They are so spoiled and ignorant of the facts. They don’t grasp nor care to know the facts. There are many Americans who need help from the government at times in their lives, but their dependence should not become a lifestyle. Entitlements come in every shape, fashion and form. I bet the average hardworking taxpayer doesn’t even know they exist. These good Americans only know how to work, be responsible and pay their taxes.
I say shame to all the progressives and takers that destroyed our country in a handful of years. The new theme has to be "Go Tea-Partiers, Go Independents, Go Republicans, Go you old-fashion, middle of the road Democrats if you want your country back in 2012!"
Roberto A. Di Padua Sr.
62 Laurel Ave
Coventry R.I. 02816