The following license applications were approved:
- Renewal of Private Detective license for Kevin Beese, 28 Red Oak Dr.
- Renewal of Private Detective license for David Thatcher, Sr., 6 White Pine Rd.
- Renewal of Firearms license for Mid-State Gun Co., LLC, 15 Sandy Bottom Rd., Unit 109
- Renewal of Firearms license for Hawkins Machine Co., Inc., 374 Hopkins Hill Rd.
- Application by Michael Manish for Live Show Entertainment License at Patriot Bar & Pizza, 2260 Flat River Rd.
- New Class B Liquor License with Victualling for Dragon Palace of Coventry, LLC, 557 Tiogue Ave.
- New Class B Liquor License with Victualling for Riccotti's Subs Inc., 718 Centre of New England Blvd.
The following appointments were approved:
- School Committee Chairperson Katherine M. Patenuade, citizens Thomas Hetherman and Steven Lopez and Councilwoman Karen Carlson to the Coventry Public School Building Committee
- Councilman Gregory Laboissonniere to the Sewer Subcommittee
- Councilwoman Karen Carlson to the Coventry Public Education Foundation as a non-voting member
The following agenda items were also approved:
- Approval of a Memorandum of Understanding with the University Of Rhode Island Graduate School Of Oceanography for the placement of a SODAR wind measurement device at Central Coventry Park.
- The purchase of a new 2012 Dodge Charger marked police vehicle for the Coventry Police Department from central Dodge of Norwood, MA at a price including outfitting with lights, siren, etc. of $30,283.
- A rental agreement with Cintas Corporation for providing uniforms to the Department of Public Works and the Department of Parks and Recreation at a cost not to exceed $10.64 per employee per week. Town Safety and Training Compliance OfficerMark Robitaille explained that the cost is nearly the same as the current contract that is about to expire, but offers many more options and the ability to scan and track uniform returns and deliveries.
- Reducing the interest rate on the amortization of sewer assessments
Click here for additional coverage of the Jan. 14 Council meeting. The next meeting will be held on Jan. 28 at 7 p.m. at Town Hall.