Companies Extinguish Two House Fires Late Last Week
The fires were found to have started in a clothes dryer and a chimney, respectively.
Central Coventry and Coventry (Anthony) firefighters were kept busy towards the end of last week as they fought two working house fires just days apart.
Dispatch received the first call on Thursday night for house fire on Bernard Drive in the Anthony section of town. First arriving companies reported a smoke condition and shortly after confirmed a working fire. Flames were confined to a dryer unit in the basement of the home and were extinguished.
The second incident was a reported chimney fire on Saturday morning at a Highland Avenue residence, at which first arriving companies reported smoke coming from the structure. Firefighters proceeded to open the walls of the home to locate and confine the fire.
There were no reported injuries of either civilians or firefighters at either incident.