CCFD: Revised Budget Information, Letter to Residents
Central Coventry Fire District Special Master Richard Land has issued the attached letter to residents of the district, in regards to the upcoming March 26 Special Meeting where a revised budget and resulting tax levy/rate will be presented and voted on.
Update - March 21: Richard Land has mailed a revised letter to residents with additional information about the proposed budget and district contingency plans. Click here to view the revised letter.
The Central Coventry Fire District will hold a vote on the Revised FY 2012-2013 Budget on March 26, 2013 in the Coventry High School auditorium. A meeting and presentation of the budget will begin at 7 p.m.
- Voting will be held from 6-10 p.m. Taxpayers may leave immediately after voting. Parties wishing to vote at the meeting are asked to arrive no later than 6 p.m. for voter registration.
- CCFD firefighters agreed to an additional $252,000 in reductions from their contract, resulting in a total reduction of more than $400,000 in firefighters' compensation for this year alone.
- The new tax rate is $2.99 per $1,000 of assessed value, reduced from $3.15 in February, for FY 2012-2013.
- The new bills will use the most recent Town of Coventry property assessments and taxpayers will receive a credit for any payments made this fiscal year.
- All members of the CCFD Board of Directors have resigned.